Sunday 25 May 2014

You're The One That I Want - Giovanna Fletcher


When I heard that Giovanna Fletcher was releasing another book, I think I honestly did a happy dance. Her debut book "Billy and Me" had me feeling every single emotion a person could feel, I absolutely feel in love with the book, the story, the characters, that little town and Giovanna's writing.
Of course as soon as I could do, I got myself on Amazon and pre-ordered her new book You're The One That I Want, then waited very patiently for it to be released.

I say patiently, I created a make up look based off of the cover back in February.

What GoodReads Says:
Maddy, dressed in white, stands at the back of the church. At the end of the aisle is Rob - the man she's about to marry. Next to Rob is Ben - best man and the best friend any two people ever had.

And that's the problem.

Because if it wasn't Rob waiting for her at the altar, there's a strong chance it would be Ben. Loyal and sensitive Ben has always kept his feelings to himself, but if he turned round and told Maddy she was making a mistake, would she listen? And would he be right?

Best friends since childhood, Maddy, Ben and Rob thought their bond was unbreakable. But love changes everything. Maddy has a choice to make but will she choose wisely? Her heart, and the hearts of the two best men she knows, depend on it...

Each chapter from the point of view of either Ben or Maddy, with bits of Rob sneaking in there too, but I won't tell you where he fits his parts in, because it will give away a lot.

It starts when the trio are 9 years old and Maddy moves to the town of best friends Rob and Ben. Straight away she attracts the attention of both boys - more so Ben, and they all become fast friends.
I don't know if Giovanna was inspired by her own life and how she met her now husband Tom, but it made me feel all warm inside when I read that, knowing that she and Tom met in school. 

The book progresses through their teens and high school, where when they're 16 Maddy and Rob become a couple. I felt so sorry for Ben. I'm totally team Ben. haha.
Then to University, and being grown ups, the ups and downs these three friends nicknamed "Tripod" encounter. It really does pull at your heart strings, Giovanna did it again, I felt every emotion humanly possible reading this book.

Also at the end of the book Giovanna has written a list of her top ten ... including films, books and songs. The answers she gives are adorable and gives you more insight to the writer, which is a nice little touch.
I closed the book smiling, I cannot wait for her next book.

When will that be Gi? :P

You can buy You're the one that I want here for as little as £2.99

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment